The charmful town of Maaseik - which has one of the most beautiful markets in Belgium - lies about 10 kilometers away from Het Warredal. Maastricht, Hasselt, Aachen and Thorn easily accessible by car. For those who want to stay closer to the domain: there are many cycling routes and water sports facilities nearby.
You can take a beautiful walk in the natural park of Bergerven, which lies right next to Het Warredal. With its gorgeous lakes, panoramic viewpoint and wild horses & cows, we highly recommended it!
Het Warredal is a hub in different networks: the cycling route, the mountain biking route, the walking route, and the horseback riding route. Route maps are available at the reception. You can also rent a bike or a Vespa.
For those who like the occasional shopping spree: Maasmechelen Village is just a fifteen minute drive by car.
And there’s a whole lot of other activities and sightseeing opportunities in the area, accessible either by car, by bike or on foot. Don’t hesitate to ask the reception for some extra information, or take a look at www.visitlimburg.be
A few interesting links:
- Maasmechelen Village: https://www.maasmechelenvillage.com/en/home/
- Terhills Cablepark: https://www.terhillscablepark.be/en/home
- Kart racing Genk: http://www.kartinggenk.be/
- Aquadroom Swimming pool: www.aquadroom.be
- Aquadroom Sauna & Wellness: www.aquadroom-wellness.be
- Open air swimming: www.wouterbron.be
- Kid’s playground + catering: www.zavelbos.be
- Bowling Maaseik: www.bowling-maaseik.be
- Maaseik for kids: www.duinengordel.be
- Walks in the forest: you can find some walking routes on www.wandeleninlimburg.be
- Biking: www.rlkm.be / www.toerismelimburg.be/fietsen
- Tourist train ‘De Sajelaer’ through Maaseik: right next to the “Toeristisch Onthaalcentrum”
- Nature sports: www.maaseik.be/natuurgebondensporten
- Kayak: www.kajakmaasland.be
- Rent a boat: www.aqua-libra.be
- National Park ‘Hoge Kempen’: www.nationaalpark.be
- Museum of Maaseik: www.museamaaseik.be
- You can find a calendar of fun events in Maaseik on: www.bezoekmaaseik.be
- Maaseik on Cittaslow: http://www.cittaslow.be/nl/gemeenten/masseik
- A whole other bunch of fun things to do: www.visitlimburg.be/en/adventure-and-nature